What a wonderful life

Check out my other blog at Dashboard Confessions

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Are you a Saint?


Steven Curtis Chapman LIVE
Originally uploaded by pierrefong.
Its really easy to become myopic, especially when you are suffering. The thought of self-preservation or self-centeredness are the usual reactions. I guess, I am no different as I deal with issues that are happening to me. My thoughts have mainly been on myself and only myself. Fortunate for me, God had something to teach me while I was wallowing in myself.

On thurday, we had a combine bible study, Timothy, Jude and Moses met at 31 Sunrise Ave.
Andrew and Sheralyn shared with us about the work that is going on in Central Asia and the needs that the people there have - the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We had opportunites to chat over food and also a feast, not only gatronomically, but of a visual nature as Andrew showed us the many vivid picture of the people and the surrounding country - captivating.

However, this was not the highlight of the evening. We sat down together and watched a DVD, a perspective changing, encouraging and awakening DVD - Steven Curtis Chapman LIVE. Basically it was about the testimony of Nate Saints and 4 other missionaries who gave their lives for the Gospel. Nate had left behind a son, Steve Saint. It went on to say much about the live of Steve, his mother and his aunt and the impact the Word of God had on the Huaorani tribe. Words cannot express the short clip that was shown, its a personal experience and an encounter with God, His word, and the tetimony of His saints that really moved me. It made me realise how small i had thought of God and how big I was thinking of myself and my problems.

You can read more about the story of Nate Saint and more about the Steven Curtis Chapman LIVE DVD. My spirit was lifted that day and I thank the Lord for His goodness and the time He takes to correct and comfort me. Thank you my Lord, my God, my shield, my hiding place.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home