What a wonderful life

Check out my other blog at Dashboard Confessions

Friday, December 03, 2004

The Prodigal Son (Alternate Version)

Confession of a Prodigal Son.

I was blessed with an APPLE IIE many moons ago. Life was luxury before the PC. It was my first monochrome computer.

Then PC came along and tempted the good life.. Forsaking my origins, I embark on the journey which promises many good years! Initially, there were more games, then, over the years, I became reliant on its propaganda of new promises to fix existing bugs, then new viruses came, crashing on possibly every existing software I use. MS Office, Autocad, Games. Entering the new millenium also meant new lifestyle changes as I become more dependant on the Internet for banking, purchases.. and then came trojan and its password stealing capabilities..

I began to live in fear. Fear of crashes, fear of viruses, fear that some E-spies are out to nip my every action on the PC..

After almost 20 years of using the PC and forsaking my first Apple computer, I began to question if life is worth living. I felt in many ways deceived by PC's promises of better and faster operating system and better features, only to have viruses going one up on me. SO one day I rationalise that for once "Its better to know I have been deceived than to continually live that life of deception".

I humbly return to my first love. The Apple of my Eye. I bought my first I-book after 20 years yesterday. I was undeserving to even look at how the Apple has evolved but I was "welcomed" to explore and through this forum, found myself again!

I was lost but now am found!

Oh what joy it is to be home..

(Extracted from MUGs - author vincentlim)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home