What a wonderful life

Check out my other blog at Dashboard Confessions

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The truth about cats and dogs


The truth about cats and dogs
Originally uploaded by pierrefong.
The truth about cats and dogs. I must admit that I started out as being a dog person but because of a friend, finally turning out as a cat person. Cats and dogs are really different. Words usually associated to dogs are "friend", "loyal", "obedient" etc and for cats "independent", "attitude", "passive" etc.

And it is interesting that a author wrote a book on "Cat and Dog theology" which uses the imagery of cats and dogs to illustrate how sometimes our Christianity reflects our behaviour and attitudes. The author makes an interesting remark and it goes something liek this:

The dog says, "You pet me, feed me, give me shelter and love me, you must be God"

The cats says, "You pet me, feed me, give me shelter and love me, I must be God"

If you were either a cat or dog lover, I'm sure you'll agree with the statements above. Isn't this also true about us? Which animal best represents us? The cat or the dog? Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home