What a wonderful life

Check out my other blog at Dashboard Confessions

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Garage Band


DSC_3759
Originally uploaded by pierrefong.
The Garage band was performing at Emannual House on the 3rd Sept. They did a particular number which really stuck to my mind. The name of the song is "Who am I" by Casting Crowns. The first thought that came to mind was the show which starred Jackie Chan. You can check out their website at http://www.castingcrowns.com

Here are the lyrics"

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning star
Would choose to light my way
For my ever wondering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You're

Chorus:

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapour in the wind
Still you hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours


Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me

I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom Shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours

this song really stuck out cos its in line whith what we are studying in the book of Galatians. "It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery" (Galatians 5:1) A reminder that it is really what God has done and not what we can do. Our only response is to stand firm in the Lord Jesus Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home