What a wonderful life

Check out my other blog at Dashboard Confessions

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Fear

fear Pronunciation Key (fîr)
n.


1. A feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger.
2. A state or condition marked by this feeling: living in fear.
3. A feeling of disquiet or apprehension: a fear of looking foolish.
4. Extreme reverence or awe, as toward a supreme power.
5. A reason for dread or apprehension: Being alone is my greatest fear.


Fear is usually of the unknown, of entities or situations that are beyond our control. Humans somehow have this need to be in control (I speak for myself at least). But if we bothered to sit down and really think about it, there are many many things that are beyond out control. So instead of worrying (fear) about them, all we need to do is to let go.

And I am reminded that I have a Father that IS in control and that He is concerned for me and always keeping a look out for my best interest. So there is no need to fear of an "unknown" because everything in in control.



There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
1 John 4:17-19

Romans 8:15
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. [ Or adoption] And by him we cry, "Abba, [ Aramaic for Father] Father."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home